Sunday, January 11, 2009

More lovely melons

Cantaloupe melons are another of my favorites. I've never tried to grow them here but when I lived in southern Oregon they grew alright. I had a patch of them growing and the melons were about the size of a softball and my black lab decided he needed to play fetch with them. I came out to water the garden and found little melons all over the yard. You can bet we got a fence up right quick but my plants didn't seem to be able to recover from the early harvesting.


I love using a melon baller and putting little balls of cantaloupe and watermelon together in a nice fruit salad. Chill it and serve on a hot summer day...very tasty. Cantaloupe with vanilla yogurt is wonderful for breakfast. So many delicious things to do with such a sweet fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment